* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Message
They are still travelling to BI.
In response to 144067: Missed my point, posted by Dave M on Wednesday, 13 May 2020, at 11:14 a.m.
1) no *known* active cases. You can be asymptomatic for up to 10-14 days and still shedding virus. You can be sick and not know it. That's what is so insidious. We have been very fortunate, but the sheer speed of the the McDonalds cluster growth helps illustrate what can happen if we let our guard down.
2) people are still traveling to the BI. Check the Star Advertiser for the daily numbers. I have not been keeping a tally but off the top of my head, Kona was the second most common declared destination, only behind Oahu. They have to pinkie-swear they will honor the 14-day quarantine. We've all seen the folks out there breaking it. There is no real enforcement. It's only the ones who are a) egregious and/or b) just plain dumb that are getting caught and making the news. Those are a very small percentage of the actual quarantine breakers.
3) no one is "locked up". We are being prudent. Heck, the quarantine violators who are arrested are immediately released after booking. They are only sent home on subsequent arrest.
Nothing is ever binary - real life is always a spectrum. There is no stopping the virus, there is only managing it.
•(There are no responses to this message.)
Respond to the Message Above: