KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Message

Mail worked for me

Posted by Sheila D2 on Thursday, 18 January 2018, at 8:14 p.m.
Send an Email to →

In response to 141684: Should valuables go in Container or mail?, posted by Nicole M on Thursday, 18 January 2018, at 2:20 p.m.

My husband and I moved here last fall and had great luck shipping the majority of our belongings, including medications, valuables, and paperwork using USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate. Three day shipping was guaranteed and all of our boxes made it here from Maine within that 3 day time frame. We shipped them to our Hawaii address just before we left Maine and they were all here waiting for us when we arrived on island. The medium size Flat Rate box was the perfect size for paperwork and the large size box was big enough for even our largest medication bottles. With Flat Rate you pay one set amount of postage for each size box regardless of how much the contents weigh. We found it was cheaper to send 2 large Flat Rate boxes than to pack the same contents into 1 larger box and send it regular Priority Mail. Insurance is included though I don't remember how much value it covered. The USPS website was pretty easy to use to compare postage for all the different ways of shipping. As a side note, I was nervous about shipping paperwork so I scanned everything onto my laptop which gave me peace of mind about mailing it. It turned out to be completely unnecessary but it was a good guarantee that I wouldn't lose anything.

Responses:
•(There are no responses to this message.)

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

Where can I post political opinions? Here!

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5390 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule
Map of the Big Island
Real Estate