KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Response * * Next Message

Real Estate, Real Estate

Posted by Harry Pritikin on Sunday, 7 January 2018, at 11:26 p.m.
Send an Email to →

In response to 141599: Turn Over of Real Estate on Big Island, posted by Kenny W on Sunday, 7 January 2018, at 4:48 p.m.

Yes, that's right! I made $84,000,000 last year!! Actually, I only made half that because the buyer's agent only gets half the commission. Then the agent's brokerage gets 10% to 45% of that. But, whatever, it's still a lot of money. Of course I can only barely remember my first 8 years as an agent from 1990 to 1998 when I netted an average of $5,000 pear year. I'm not bragging.

Why do people leave? The state of Hawaii lost a total of 1,100 people last year. Except for the Big Island, that is: http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-news/fast-growing-hawaii-island-population-tops-state-3rd-nation

I can tell you why people leave. Young people who were born & raised here leave to go to college and then don't come back because jobs pay more on the mainland. People who have moved here from the mainland leave when they get older because of grand children, failing health, rock fever or just plain old age; they need to be where their children can take care of them. People move here for a variety of reasons: they hate the snow, they hate the rain, they hate the heat. What they love about the Big Island is the weather is always the same. Within reason, of course. I mean it does rain and it even snows; the summits are covered right now. And it can get cold. It got down to 59 at my house the other morning. But on AVERAGE, compared to the mainland, it's reasonably the same. I moved here in 1978 for one reason: I wanted to live somewhere where I could go in the ocean 365 days a year. Now if it wasn't for making all that money in real estate maybe I could go in more than twice a year. Mahalo and Happy New Year everybody!!

Responses:
   Δ real estate, real estate-my 2 cents
    Jim MC50 -- Monday, 8 January 2018, at 2:54 p.m.

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

♥ Thank you for posting on the KONAWEB Forum! -Konabob and Shirley

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5390 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule