KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Message

Raw Land is Risky Segment of RE market

Posted by Mark T2 on Friday, 29 September 2017, at 8:11 a.m.
Send an Email to →

In response to 141353: Discovery Harbour vacant lot prices, posted by Mark W on Thursday, 28 September 2017, at 10:55 a.m.

As a general rule raw land is a risky segment of the real estate market. Also, I never buy retail. As others have said there is no crystal ball. Right now I believe there is more potential for the upside than the downside since we have just gone through a down market which is recoverying. If you have an alternate investment which you believe will do better than your lot, you may want to sell and take a tax loss. If not, you may want to hold and hope the lot market recovers. As I always say you make money when you buy real estate not when you sell! If you don't buy right it can be really hard to make any money.

Personally, I like buying foreclosed homes on existing lots at deep discounts, but the party is over on that one in Hawaii. However, that can also be risky if you don't know what you are doing and the learning curve is pretty steep. Contrary to popular belief, real estate is not an easy way to make money. It requires high capital investment and an extensive skill set. Frankly, most people would be better off investing in a stock index fund.

Responses:
•(There are no responses to this message.)

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

Please report angry or mean spirited posts to Konabob.

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5409 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule
Map of the Big Island
Real Estate