KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Response * * Next Message

Yup Global entry has to be best...

Posted by Ronald HM on Friday, 11 August 2017, at 8:19 p.m.
Send an Email to →

In response to 141216: Global Entry and TSA Precheck, posted by Luanne M on Thursday, 10 August 2017, at 11:10 a.m.

It's true both global entry and TSA cards do NOT guarantee that you will get pre-check. If you read the TSA pre-check guidelines they say so. I got done in on a trip to Hawaii that was Denver to LAX on United and LAX to Kona on American. United gave me the pre-check for Denver but not for the rest of the flight and at that time you had to leave security to go from United to American.
I did go to the TSA at LAX and he let me thru the pre-check line when I showed the global entry card.

You have to also make absolutely sure that the airline knows you have a known traveler number or they won't do it. I made sure it is correct in all my airline member accounts. They have been cracking down on airlines giving pre-check to first class and others without being screened. The airlines used to give pre-check to all preferred travelers.

You will also find that some airlines don't give pre-check. One of the ones I know of is Frontier Air. They refused to pay the TSA to be able to do it so none of their passengers ever get pre-check.

Remember TSA and Global entry are not good for ID anywhere other than airports. They are considered permits and not valid government ID's. It took me a long while to find out why no one would accept them as ID's.

It doesn't make a difference if you fly one way or round trip. I generally fly one way when I visit Colorado since I am rarely sure of when I will return ;-.]

I have a couple of years to go so but I have heard that they don't always require an interview for renewing Global Entry.

Responses:
   Δ a little more about Global Entry and the KTN
    Luanne M -- Saturday, 12 August 2017, at 5:15 a.m.

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

On an island, there is no escaping your neighbors. Post with aloha!

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5422 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule
Map of the Big Island
Real Estate