KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Message

Escapism turned sour?

Posted by David M5 on Wednesday, 26 July 2017, at 8:59 a.m.
Send an Email to →

In response to 141133: South Hawaii, posted by Jim L3 on Saturday, 8 July 2017, at 5:13 p.m.

I've gone back and forth on Kona dozens of times. Return to this forum from time to time to "catch up". My idea of south was just south of KK, but not too far south. But I see from some responses, that health care has also gone south. I'm older than both you and your spouse in reasonable health, but still...you never know. I've investigated Mexico and Colombia, with an eye toward their universal healthcare, which, in both cases, is offered to legal expat residents. Why? Because after repeal of ACA, I expect Congress to chip away at Medicare and then SS, so universal care plus cheaper retirement "digs" was appealing, but the problems with healthcare are problematic everywhere. I have been at South Point many, many years ago .... nice, but today (?), I'm not sure I'd be willing to put up with the changes indicated in the other posts. I'd still opt for south of KK, but not too far south, toward Captain Cook, but not at Captain Cook.

Responses:
•(There are no responses to this message.)

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

The lewd, rude, and crude will be banished to Kaho'olawe. Read the Rules please!

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5422 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule
Map of the Big Island
Real Estate