KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Response * * Next Message

Expectations

Posted by Diane H on Wednesday, 5 April 2017, at 8:06 a.m.
Send an Email to →

In response to 140813: bottom line, posted by Jim MC50 on Wednesday, 5 April 2017, at 7:06 a.m.

I always smile when people with many more resources than I have say they cannot afford to live here. I moved here 18 years ago.. I am a senior widow on a fixed income that is so low I do not even need to file a tax return. As long as you can buy a house outright, which most retired folks should manage, you can live here quite comfortably. It all depends upon expectations. A lavish lifestyle is not required here. I have all necessities....power, water, and cable TV and internet. I can walk to a nice grocery store and I have a choice of lovely beaches and hiking trails and tennis courts....all for free. This is a place for simplicity....warmth...nature...friendly people and slower, more contemplative lifestyle. There is less striving here. No one cares what clothes you wear or car you drive. My car is 14 years old and has no rust. My appliances are 18 years old and still fine. I wake up every morning to the cooing of the doves and the crowing of an occasional rooster...the sun is almost always shining! You just have to want those things most. You have to desire what is actually here. If you do, there is a place you can afford. By the way, Harry is a terrific realtor to use in order to find your ideal location. Aloha, Diane H.

Responses:
   Δ A thought
    Mark S2 -- Thursday, 6 April 2017, at 9:24 a.m.
   Δ Much aloha Diane!
    Clare B -- Tuesday, 11 April 2017, at 4:01 p.m.

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

If you can't say something nice....

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5449 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule