KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Previous Response * * Next Response * * Next Message

South Kona is great!

Posted by Diane H on Monday, 13 March 2017, at 8:01 a.m.
Send an Email to →

In response to 140730: Living in s kona and medical, posted by Jim L3 on Sunday, 12 March 2017, at 6:27 a.m.

Living in South Kona is divine. Kona Paradise is beyond the reach of county water so you will have to manage a catchment system which requires maintenance and conservation. Kona Paradise is a very steep subdivision and I have never managed to drive all the way to the beach there because my brakes smoked before I arrived each time I tried it. The views are wonderful. It is a long drive to town for basic services. There are coqui frogs in the area, as well and the vog tends to be thick but it is a quiet area for the most part. If you buy near the highway, you will have less trouble keeping your water tank full and your car in good order. If you go down all the way to the bottom, it will be hard on brakes and transmissions. Do research and talk to folks who live there. I live right near Kealakekua Ranch Center and have county water and am much closer to town. I highly recommend South Kona as a future home. I like being close to the bay and all the gorgeous hiking trails and it is quieter than being in Kailua Kona proper. Good luck to you in finding your perfect spot. Diane H.

Responses:
   Δ smoke 'em if you got 'em
    Rich E2 -- Tuesday, 14 March 2017, at 7:56 a.m.

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

If you post an email address, the "@" symbol will be replaced with "-at-" to protect it from spambots.

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5459 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule
Map of the Big Island
Real Estate