KONA FORUM
The Big Island Forum

Kona, Hawaii a Proud Supporter of KONAWEB!
To promote Your business, Click Here.
* Read Responses * Post a Response * Post a NEW Message * Return to the Forum *
* Previous Message * * Next Message

Seems like a low output for 20 panels

Posted by Rich E2 on Friday, 10 March 2017, at 4:43 p.m.
Send an Email to →

I had a 20 panel net metering system installed in June, 2011. It is rated for about 19 kwh/day since I sized it for our then-current daily average consumption rate of about 18 kwh/day. The roof where it is installed is perfect due south and there are no obstructions. I'm in South Kona at the 950 ft elevation.

Winter is, indeed, best for solar, against all instinctive reason. The sun passing through the southern skies gives more light to the panels and the diff between longest and shortest day here is only about 1.75 hours.

I've registered as much as 23 kwh in a single day of outstanding, cloudless sun.

The system paid for itself in Helco savings in 5 years, last June, 2016, so now I've all my money back and still reaping benefits. I suppose I'm grandfathered in to the "old way", so good for me!!

I'm surprised you get relatively low output with 20 panels of a more modern tech than my 2011 model.

We are an all-electric house, except for the tankless on-demand LP gas whole-house hot water unit. We go through one 10-gal (40 lb) tank of gas/year. We have all CFL lighting. I was surprised at the number of lights our house has when I converted, but you having 75???? Wow!! Nowhere near my count. Being a retired couple, we rarely have more than a very small number of lights on at any given time of night..often as little as 2-3.

Responses:
•(There are no responses to this message.)

Respond to the Message Above:

Your Member Name:
Your Password:
If you have a paid link on KONAWEB, you may direct people to your link, in response to relevant posts.
Please remember the Forum are not to be used for advertising.

Subject:

If you post an email address, the "@" symbol will be replaced with "-at-" to protect it from spambots.

* Having Trouble Posting? *      *Forum Rules*   *Forum Humor*

Advertise your business on KONAWEB!

KONAWEB HOME PAGE
Big Island Events Calendar
The Big Island Forum
Become a Forum Member
5459 Current Members
Visitors Per Day
Travel Info
Keauhou/Kailua Trolley Schedule
Map of the Big Island
Real Estate